In Romanian: Pasta din carne de iepure
- 2 lbs / 1 kg rabbit meat
- ½ lb / 250 g butter
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 cup milk
- 2 – 3 juniper berries
- 20 pepper berries ground with 1 clove
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- red beets
- Slightly fry the meat pieces with a tablespoon of lard, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, salt, a cup of milk and the quartered onions.
- Boil, covered, at very low heat, until the liquid is reduced and the pieces are nicely golden brown.
- Set aside and after cooling off, grind three times.
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat until creamy, adding the nutmeg, juniper berries, pepper, cloves, then the ground meat.
- Mix until homogeneous and very creamy.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with slices of hard boiled egg, sliced pickled cucumbers and red beets.