In Romanian: Iepure cu masline
- fore and hind legs and neck from one rabbit
- ½ cup oil
- 5 – 6 large onions
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 5 – 6 juniper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 oz / 200 g olives
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup wine (or 1 cup water with one tablespoon vinegar)
- Fry the rabbit pieces in a pan with hot oil, add chopped onion, wine, 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, juniper berries, bay leaf and the washed and pricked.
- Mix everything carefully, cover and simmer until ready (sauce well reduced).
- Mix every now and then while the dish is cooking.