In Romanian: Coltunasi umpluti cu carne cruda
- 10 oz / 300 g sirloin
- 1 big onion
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 tablespoons lard for scalding dumplings
- Sift the flour, make a nest in the middle and place the egg and salt there.
- Mix the egg with a little flour, adding some water too.
- Make a stiff dough.
- Make a ball of the dough, cover with a cloth and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll a thin sheet and cut 3 inch squares.
- Grind the meat, add salt, pepper and the finely chopped onion that was previously fried in a tablespoon of lard.
- Mix everything well.
- Use this as filling for the dumplings.
- Place some filling onto each square and fold to make a triangle, sticking the edges well.
- As you make the dumplings, place them on a floured surface, covering with a cloth.
- When all of them are done, place in boiling salt water.
- Let boil until they rise to the surface.
- Drain, wash with tepid water, then scald with hot lard.
- Serve hot.