In Romanian: Rizoto cu rinichi
- 1 beef or 2 veal or pork kidneys
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups meat broth or water
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 3 onions
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- a little sugar
- grated Parmesan to taste
- chopped parsley
- Remove the outer membranes from the kidneys, split in half lengthwise, remove the interior fatty tissues and slice thinly.
- Set to boil starting with cold water.
- After it comes to a boil, drain and wash the kidneys with tepid water.
- Finely chop the onion, fry in 2 tablespoons of lard until softened, add tomato sauce, paprika, one cup meat broth or water, salt, pepper, sugar and the kidneys.
- Simmer until the kidneys are done.
- In the meantime, fry the rice in one tablespoon of lard, add a cup meat broth.
- Place the rice in a greased bundt pan (hole in the middle), cover and set into the oven to bake.
- When the rice is done, turn onto a plate, spread some grated Parmesan on top and place the kidneys and sauce in the middle hole.
- Spread some chopped parsley on top and serve hot.