In Romanian: Friptura de gisca la tava
- Clean, wash and salt the goose.
- Place in the roasting pan with a tablespoon of lard and a few tablespoons of water.
- Set in the oven at a low temperature and keep basting with the pan drippings, increasing the heat gradually and roast for 1½ hours.
- When the goose starts to brown reduce the heat and bake until done.
- When it is done, remove from the pan, slice, arrange on a platter.
- Put two tablespoons of water in the pan and let boil on top of the range.
- Strain this sauce and pour over the meat.
- May also be served with French fries and a salad, pickles or sautéd cabbage instead of the apples.