In Romanian: Rulada de carne tocata umpluta cu orez
Meat loaf Edit
- 2 lbs / 1 kg ground sirloin
- 5 oz / 150 g bacon
- 2 onions
- 1 crustless white bread slice
- 1 raw egg
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Grind the meat with the finely chopped raw or lard fried onions, the soaked and squeezed bread and the bacon.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped parsley and dill and raw egg.
- Mix everything well.
- Roll out a clean wet cloth and place the mixture on it, in the shape of a rectangle with the length triple the width.
- Arrange the hard boiled eggs in a row along the middle of the rectangle.
- Start rolling the meat with the aid of the cloth, so that the eggs are enclosed in the meat.
- Place the rolled meat loaf on a lard greased baking sheet, grease the top with melted lard, spread some bread crumbs on top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Boil the rice in salt water, drain, rinse with cold water, drain, then mix with the beaten egg, pepper and melted butter.
- On a clean, wet cloth spread the meat mixture uniformly, in a ½ inch layer.
- Place the rice in the middle of the meat mixture.
- Roll the meat loaf with the aid of the cloth, so that the meat encloses the rice.
- Place the rolled meat loaf on a lard greased baking sheet, glaze with egg, cover with bread crumbs and bake at medium heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Serve cut into finger thick slices with green lettuce, red beet salad or carrot sauté.