In Romanian: Biftec rusesc
- Cut the sirloin in one inch thick slices.
- Pound them slightly, salt, pepper and fry in hot lard on both sides at high heat.
- Remove the meat from the pan but keep warm while you fry the chopped onion in the fat remaining from frying the meat.
- The onion must be browning.
- Arrange the meat on a platter, arrange some fried onion on top of each slice and pour a little fat from the pan on them.
- Serve immediately with french fries and some salad (either lettuce or cucumber).