In Romanian: Tort simplu
- Beat the yolks with the sugar in a heat resistant bowl.
- Set this bowl inside a larger pan with boiling water in it and set this on heat.
- Beat the cream until hot.
- Remove the bowl with the cream from heat and keep beating until cooled off.
- When it is completely cold, add the whipped egg whites, folding gently, then the flour and lemon peel. Divide this mixture into 3 – 4 equal parts (depending on the size of the baking pan).
- Bake 3 sheets, individually, and as soon as they are out of the oven, cover with a cloth.
- Keep them like this for 1 – 2 hours. Spread marmalade on each of them and arrange one on top of the other.
- The cake may be filled with any desired cream and glazed with any icing.