In Romanian: Jeleu din smantana
- 1 qt / 1 l sour cream
- 7 envelopes gelatin
- 1 envelope red gelatin
- ½ cup water
- ¼ vanilla stick
- 12 oz / 350 g sugar
- ½ lb / 250 g whipped cream
- Set the vanilla to boil with the half a cup of water, until it comes to a few boils, then remove from heat and add the gelatin so that it dissolves.
- Then strain.
- Separately, beat the sour cream with the sugar until foamy.
- Add the dissolved gelatine and ½ lb / 250 g whipped cream.
- Place into a mold and refrigerate.
- Before serving, briefly place the mold in hot water and turn onto a plate.