In Romanian: Stiuca umpluta (fiarta)
- 1 pike (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- crustless slice of white bread
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 eggs
- 5 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 beet
- 2 qts / 2 l water
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Mustard and Sour Cream Sauce
- Clean and wash the pike and remove its head.
- Starting from the head, skin the carefully.
- If there remains any meat sticking to the skin, scrape with a knife.
- salt and skin and leave aside.
- Debone the and grind it with the milk (or water) moistened bread and with the finely chopped and oil fried onion.
- Add salt, pepper, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and two beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Mix well and stuff the pike skin (do not overstuff or it may burst while boiling).
- Make small balls from the remaining mixture.
- Take a pot and put a whole onion, the thinly sliced carrot and beet, as well as the bones into it.
- Then add the stuffed , head, small balls and 2 qts / 2 l of water.
- Let boil, covered, at low temperature.
- When it is done, remove the stuffed , arrange in the middle of a long platter, cut into finger thick slices and place the head where it belongs to make it look like a whole again.
- Arrange the balls and a few lemon slices around it.
- Serve with Mustard and Sour Cream Sauce.