In Romanian: Salata de icre din scrumbii sarate
- roe from one herring
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- juice from ½ lemon
- one crustless slice of moistened bread
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- Crush the roe with a fork in a small bowl.
- Remove the membranes and mix with the moistened and then squeezed bread.
- Mix in the same direction, adding the oil drop by drop.
- After all the oil is used up, add the grated onions, lemon juice, mix, adding the club soda last.
- Garnish with pitted olives cut to resemble flowers.