In Romanian: Aluat fraged pentru diferite intrebuintari
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or lard
- 2 yolks
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a little salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Knead the butter or lard with as much flour as necessary to make into a soft dough.
- Add the yolks, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, wine and salt.
- Add the remaining flour, knead well, cover and let it rest for a half hour.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each one into a pencil thick sheet.
- Lay one sheet on the bottom of the baking pan, prick with the fork and bake.
- When the dough has risen a little and has lightened in color, quickly spread the desired filling (cottage cheese, grated apples or other fruits, marmalade or preserves, etc.).
- Cover with the second sheet, prick this one with a fork too, wash with egg white and bake at medium heat until golden-brown.
- When ready, cut into squares and sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top.
- This may also be filled with meat or liver; in this case, reduced the sugar to 1 level teaspoon and omit vanilla.