In Romanian: Rosii umplute cu orez.
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon flour
- Remove most of the pulp, but not all from the tomatoes, leaving the shells intact.
- Fry the chopped onions in 2 tablespoons of oil, add the washed rice and let fry until yellow.
- Add some water and simmer until the rice starts to swell.
- Remove from heat and add grated carrot, salt, pepper and chopped parsley and dill.
- Fill the tomatoes with the rice.
- Arrange in a pot and pour over them a sauce made out of a little finely chopped onion that was fried with 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ teaspoon flour to which you added the liquid from 1¾ lbs / 750 g boiled and strained tomatoes.
- Mix with salt, chopped parsley and dill.
- Simmer on top of the range or bake at low heat until they are done and sauce is reduced.