In Romanian: Cornulete
- 8 oz / 250 g lard or butter
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2 – 3 tablespoons ground walnuts
- flour as needed
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt the butter or lard.
- When it is slightly warm, add sugar and cream together.
- Then add the yolks one by one, then the whole egg, water, vanilla, baking powder.
- Mix well and then add flour, knead to make a medium soft dough.
- Cut little pieces of dough and shape into triangular dumplings.
- Place the dumplings on the baking sheet leaving considerable distance between them as they increase in size.
- Cook at 350°F for 13 – 15 minutes.
- Wash each of them with whipped egg white and sprinkle each with ground walnuts.
- When you take them out of the oven, roll each one into confectioner's sugar.