In Romanian: Curcan cu caise uscate
- 12 little turkey pieces
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 small onion
- 1¾ lbs / 750 g dried apricots
- 1½ teaspoon sugar (or more to taste)
- Fry the turkey pieces with lard until yellow.
- Pour chicken broth or water to almost cover, add salt and a whole onion and simmer, covered, until the meat is almost done.
- Remove the onion.
- Separately fry the flour until yellowish, add the turkey boiling liquid and caramelized sugar (1 teaspoon) to which a little more of the turkey boiling liquid has been added.
- Pour this sauce over the turkey pieces, add ½ teaspoon sugar (or more to taste), salt, butter.
- Add the apricots when the meat is almost done, taking care to keep them whole.
- Simmer until the sauce is greatly reduced (the dish must have very little sauce).