In Romanian this is called Baclava turceasca. :)
- strudel dough
- butter for greasing the pan
- cheese cooked in an oven for 3 hours
- 14 oz / 400 g ground walnuts
- 10 oz / 300 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- have fun
- Mix the ground walnuts with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Out of the strudel dough, cut pieces the size of the baking pan.
- Grease the pan with butter and place three sheets of dough one on top of the other, sprinkle with some melted butter, place three more sheets, sprinkle with butter, place three more sheets and sprinkle with butter.
- Place the ½ inch thick filling over these nine sheets.
- On top of the filling, place another nine sheets, greased the same way.
- Grease the last sheet well and then, with a very sharp knife, cut into squares.
- Set in the oven to bake.
- When almost done, pour the syrup over it and bake until golden brown.
- Remove each square and arrange on a platter.