In Romanian: Strudel cu nuci
- 10 oz / 300 g ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 10 oz / 300 g confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup tepid oil
- Mix the ground walnuts with the sugar, bread crumbs and vanilla.
- Grease the dough with tepid oil and sprinkle filling all over the dough.
- Roll like a jelly roll using the table cloth as an aid.
- Cut into pieces the size of the baking pan. Arrange in the greased pan.
- Before baking, with a very sharp oiled knife, cut into 1½ inches portions. Bake.
- Then carefully remove each piece and sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.
- You may use butter instead of oil.