In Romanian: Coliva
- ½ pound / 250 g ground wheat
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz / 100 g sugar or to taste
- 4 oz / 100 g ground walnuts or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or lemon zest
- fine bread crumbs
- confectioner's sugar / coffee and small colored candy for topping
- Boil the ground wheat at low to medium temperature.
- Start with cold water.
- Add a little salt and sugar to taste.
- When it is well boiled and the liquid is almost gone, set aside from the heat to cool off.
- Add ground walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Add cinnamon or lemon zest.
- Arrange on a large platter on top of a sheet of parchment paper.
- Smooth the top with a wet knife.
- On top, sprinkle some fine bread crumbs, then either confectioner's sugar or ground coffee.
- Decorate with small colorful candies.