In Romanian: Rulada de iarna
- 2 lbs / 1 kg ground sirloin
- 5 oz / 150 g bacon
- 5 – 6 juniper berries
- 2 – 3 cloves
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 10 pepper berries
- 3 tablespoons meat broth or water
- Add to the ground meat mixture the cubed bacon and the finely ground spices.
- Mix well.
- Place the meat mixture on a wooden cutting board on which you spread some bread crumbs.
- Shape it like a roll.
- Place in a bread baking dish which you greased with lard.
- Spread some bread crumbs on top.
- Pour a little melted lard over it and bake.
- Serve sliced, with sautéd cabbage.
- It is very tasty served cold.
- This roll is very good if prepared with half pork and half beef.