In Romanian: Musaca de dovlecei
- 5 – 6 big zucchini
- 1¾ lb / 750 g ground sirloin
- 3 big onions
- 3 – 4 tablespoons lard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons broth or water
- chopped parsley
- bread crumbs
- Remove the zucchini peel and cut into finger thick slices.
- Salt and let sit for 10 minutes, then dry with a cloth, dredge with flour and fry.
- Grind the meat with two raw onions and then set in a pan to fry with a tablespoon of lard.
- Add salt and pepper and fry lightly (do not overfry).
- In a pan greased with lard and covered with bread crumbs, arrange a layer of zucchini and then a layer of the meat mixture.
- Do this until all potatoes and all meat are used up, taking care that the last layer is zucchini.
- Spread chopped parsley and dill between all layers.
- Pour a cup sour cream over the zucchini.
- Bake in the oven until the liquid is substantially reduced.